The Circuit Breaker Test System is designed to test Vacuum Circuit Breakers (VCBs), High Voltage (HV) and Extra High Voltage (EHV) circuit breakers from 6.6 to 800kV as per IEC- 56 for routine tests & for final acceptance. Analysis of test results provides information which is useful for evaluating and rectifying settings for contact timings, closing and opening speeds, over-travel, rebound and contact wipe etc. Condition of main and arcing contacts (with DCRM) and auxiliary contact settings can be monitored with specified C-O times. The operations that can be performed by this system are Close, Open, CO, OC, and OCO.
- Contact Timings
- Contact Bounce
- Simultaneity of contacts
- Auxiliary contacts timings
- Travel characteristics of contact for speed, insertion, contact gap, over-travel and rebound
- Trip & Close Coil current characteristics
- Motor Current
- Spring Charging Time
- Static Contact Resistance
- Dynamic Contact Resistance (using DCRM)
- Connects to circuit breakers with wear resistant test leads, having quick-fit connectors, suitable for all types of circuit breakers
- Selects pre-programmed setup parameters and pass/fail limits through software.
- Using DCRM, the signature of main and arcing contacts can be registered which helps to assess the condition of the contacts without opening the interrupter
- Prints results in a graphical format with test header and calculation footer, on external printer
- Windows based Test Manager Software allows sequencing of tests, storing test setups, viewing reports, and analyzing and handling graphical test data using a PC
- Easy-to-use, Graphical User Interface and programmable test plans facilitate to create a test setup library
- The operator selects the test sequence for the circuit breaker to be tested and runs the sequence. The system performs all tests in the programmed sequence, compares each parameter with Pass/Fail limits and declares the breaker as OK or FAIL
- Test certificate can be stored and printed as per the manufacturer’s format
- All test data is stored in a database for archival and analysis
- The Circuit Breaker Test System is offered in three variants, AutoScan DIN 41494 Rack version, AutoScan Work-Table version and CBScan, a compact Table-Top Circuit Breaker Test System.
- The AutoScan Rack version, along with accessories like programmable power supplies are expandable to meet future needs of the manufacturer.
- AutoScan Work-Table version is an ergonomic arrangement of measuring hardware and control PC to help better utilization of space on the shop floor.
- The CBScan version is a portable table top instrument having basic functionality and features, which may be useful on a typical VCB manufacturer’s shop floor. It is especially useful for low volume manufacturers as a low cost solution for all their testing needs.
C & S Electric
Crompton & Greaves
ERL Phase Power Technologies Ltd
L & T