Manual Power Supplies are available, specifically, for circuit breaker testing. However, they can be adapted for use in any application. The power supplies are set manually through a knob provided on the front panel. They are used along with AutoScan Switchgear Test System, CBScan Portable Switchgear Analyser, and Endurance Test System.
The power supplies are available in DC, single-phase AC, and three-phase AC configurations. DC power supplies are either IGBT-based, SMPS-based, or variac-based. AC power supplies are variac-based. The power supplies are used for supplying the control voltage for the trip coil and close coil and for running the spring charging motor. Any AC or DC combination of the power supplies is possible, based on the switchgear type and configuration. All power supplies come with built-in over voltage and short circuit protections and have displays for showing the set voltage and the load current.
Power Supplies Configurations
- 3ø AC, 1ø AC, DC
- 0 to 300 V 1ø AC/DC rating, up to 21 kVA
- 0 to 500 V 3ø AC, up to 21 kVA
- Manual setting using knob provided
- Crest, Keysight (Agilent), Chroma, and TDK Lambda power supplies available
- Built-in over voltage and short circuit protection
- 1 kV isolation between output and control voltage