The system consists of a command sequencer module, synchronizing module, and output modules that together form a complete sequencing test system. The synchronizing module receives timing and sync pulses from the test generator. These pulses provide a precise “point-on-wave” timing reference for coordinating the transient recorder, master circuit breaker and make switch. Using the Test Sequencer, coordination of tests can be fully programmed by the user by configuring various operator variables of the make switch and master circuit breaker and the test strategy can be designed to carry out short circuit tests that conform to acceptance test specifications.
The Test Sequencer is battery operated and has a built-in charger that takes the mains supply and charges the battery. A number of reputed test labs in India have installed and operate the Test Sequencer since past several years.
- Accurate within 0.1 electrical degree or 40 micro-seconds
- The synchronizing chassis uses an innovative fast PLL technology to resolve the timing and sync pulses to 0.1 micro-seconds
- High speed, solid state output modules that can handle AC or DC switching signals
- Fiber optic isolation up to 10 kV on each output module
- Uses a single high-speed, real time embedded controller for maintaining integrity of timing coordination
- Possibility of selecting Dry and Wet Contacts for testing
- Battery operated with in-built charger
- Built-in protection and interlocks to prevent damage to the Test Sequencer, other system components, and the DUT under worst case condition of clock or sync failure and also completes the test sequence
- Graphical and numerical programming of test coordination sequences is possible due to the command sequencer
- Unsurpassed noise immunity for fail safe execution of test sequences under heavy noise
- A custom solution designed and built as per specific user requirements
- Fully modular and configurable
- Windows-based software allows sequencing tests, storing test setups, viewing reports, and analyzing and handling graphical test data using a PC without sacrificing timing redundancy
- The test software has a simple graphical user interface and virtually no learning time